ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Our instructor, Sriharsha, is a cricket fanatic. He has identified and trained 14 Cricket Finland umpires & has been a part of Cricket Finland Umpiring Panel project from 2016 till date.
- He holds a Master of Science (Tech) degree from Aalto University, Finland, School of Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering
- He is serving as a Head Faculty of Cricket Umpiring at Institute of Sports Science & Technology, Pune
- Serving as Head Umpire, Cricket Finland since November, 2019
- Served as Western Province Umpire, South Africa
- Served as Hyderabad Cricket Association Panel Umpire
- Any one who completes this course can attend ICC (International Cricket Council)/ BCCI (Board of Control of Cricket in India)/ ECB (England Cricket Board)/ CSA (Cricket South Africa)/ CA (Cricket Australia) umpiring exams.
- 6 months of private mentorship will be included to crack the above exams.
- Presently, Umpiring jobs are not in the limelight. Given the love for the sport throughout the world, we want to change that notion and support cricket lovers by helping them make a career in Cricket Umpiring.
What is so special about this course?
Live Umpiring analysis during the upcoming IPL season in September
Special recorded key note session from ICC best umpire Steve Bucknor
22nd August (5:00-8:00 PM IST)
Planning and Preparation
– Significance of Home & Away teams
-The preamble- Spirit Of cricket
-Role of Umpires, captains and Scorers. Essential communication tips.
-Setting up the Game- Pre Match duties
Ground inspection, Boundary markings, crease markings
Player identification and team list
Approval of match balls and identifying boundary
-Discussion on Practical problems faced by umpires.
23rd August (5:00-8:00 PM IST)
Managing match – Part 1
-Commencement of innings
-Declaration and forfeiture
-Result of the game – Mistakes in scoring and Umpires role in minimizing them
-Significance of Play, Time and Intervals. What it means strategically to teams
-Over, Scoring Runs, Dead ball and Extra
-Discussion on Practical problems faced in Managing matches P1
29th August (5:00-8:00 PM IST)
Managing Match – Part 2
-Communication between Umpire-Umpire, Umpire-Players, Umpire- Scorers
-Fielders absence, substitutes
-Batsman innings, Practise on the field
-The wicket keeper
-Striker End Umpire duties and techniques to observe fielders, wicket keeper and other actions of the game
Discussion on Practical problems in Managing match P2
30th August (5:00-8:00 PM IST)
Appeals and Dismissals
-How to answer appeals as SEU and BEU
-When is the wicket down?
-Techniques to appeal answers various dismissals
-Umpires coordination in answering appeals
-Techniques for judging Run Out and stumpings
-Positioning for better judgement in Run Out and Stumpings
-Discussions on practical problems in Appeals and dismissals
5th September (5:00-8:00 PM IST)
Unfair Play & Players Conduct
-What is fair and unfair play?
-Bouncers and beamers
-Distraction deception of striker
-Fielders damaging the pitch and protected area
-Penalty runs and signalling
-Defining dissent and inappropriate behaviour
-Level 1-4 offences and actions to be taken
-Discussions on practical problems in Player behaviour